morbius
post 28 Aug 2005, 01:48 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 230

Hello, fellow geeks.
My friend from Greece took pitty on me because I’m working so hard and making too little money in my country and she decided to marry me so I could come live and work in Greece. After we get married, I’m told that I’ll be able to go to any European country, but I might just stay in Greece if I should happen to like it there.
I spoke with one of my friends who spent a lot of time in Greece (he had a girlfriend there) and he tells me that economic situation in the country is not that great and that trere are a lot of unemployed. Can you tell me your thoughts of the general situation in Greece and what’s the average salary in your country, prices of rented apartments, and so on.
BTW, I’m from Serbia, in my country I work as a computer journalist, and I hope that in Greece I’ll be able to find a job as a computer repairman.
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 28 Aug 2005, 01:53 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

First of all, welcome aboard ! Make yourself at home now that you found us !

We will discuss differences and similarities between our countries in detail here

First of all, about the salary :

The average salary for a newcomer at a job is about 600 € which certainly is a very small amount of money compared to the cost of living in Athens, but it is quite much compared to the average cost of living in Servia .

To be more precise ( got this from www.xe.com ) :

CODE
600.00 EUR Euro  = 50,743.17 CSD Serbia Dinars  
1 EUR = 84.5719 CSD   1 CSD = 0.0118243 EUR  

c u

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
morbius
post 28 Aug 2005, 03:02 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Actually, life in Serbia is pretty cheap, comparing with the some of the other European countries. In my home town, you can live for a month on about 200 euros. Capitol Belgrade is much more expensive, you need about 300 euros a month to get by in there.
Trouble is, salaries in Serbia are very modest. I make about 300 euros a month here and I may consider myself lucky, because most people work for about 200 do 250 euros. Now, you can easily see why a lot of young people leave Serbia and go to live in other countries, mostly Austria, Germany, France and Canada. Situation here is somewhat better than it was couple of years ago, but it’s still far from good, and I’m not getting any younger, so I’ve decided it’s best to leave now when I’m still young and able to adopt and learn new language.
Just 600 euros, you say? Is that enough to cover food and rent? I’ve heard that there are a lot of foreigners in Athens, is that true?

+Quote Post
kUdtiHaEX
post 28 Aug 2005, 04:28 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Member No.: 225

Morbiuse sta lazes bre narod plus.smilie3.gif I ako vec hoces da oprobas svoju srecu, nemoj u Grchku, idi malo severnije. Svedska recimo. Btw to za zenidbu je istina samo sto ja mislim da moras da ispunis jos neke uslove. Nije to tako prosto kao sto mislis jer onda bi se svi zenili iz racuna plus.smilie3.gif Btw jesi ti onaj morbius sa Benchmark sajta?

Sorry for using serbian here plus.smilie3.gif

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 28 Aug 2005, 06:27 PM
Post #5

Administrator
Group Icon

This is absolutely new to me, Igor. I mean i had to make rules for us Greeks not writing gteeklish so as to make sure everybody would understand... I even worked with a team to translate the WHOLE site for the greeks around... but, although we tried to avoid that, i never made a rule - or imagined i needed one - for other languages written here...

Anyway, please try to write english for us to understand !

( by the way, do you know there is NO sevian lang for IPB ? we could do something about that )

--------------------

+Quote Post
morbius
post 28 Aug 2005, 08:04 PM
Post #6

Advanced Member
Group Icon

E, kad se sad nisam šlogirao, neću nikad. Kutijo, postoji li neki forum gde tebe nema, čoveče!? plus.smilie3.gif
Pazi, sve što sam rekao je tačno. Ni Grčka nije moj prvi izbor, radije bih i ja u Švedsku, ali se tako potrefilo da mi je ta prijateljica iz Grčke, ne iz Švedske, jebiga. Prema onom što je ona do sada uspela da sazna iz razgovora sa nekim ljudima koji se razumeju u te stvari, nakon sklapanja braka bih dobio boravišnu i radnu dozvolu, a sa njom bih mogao da idem bilo gde po EU, ukoliko mi se u Grčkoj ne dopadne. Ako ti imaš više informacija o svemu, obavesti me, što više znam, to bolje po mene. I da, nemoj ovo da širiš kod nas, bolje da do Pecinih ušiju ne stigne pre nego što vidim sve šta i kako ide i donesem konačnu odluku da li da odem ili ne. Ništa nisam čvrsto rešio dok mi se prijateljica ne bude potanko raspitala o svemu, ali prema prvim informacijama, policija ništa ne proverava i ne bi morali da živimo zajedno.

Now, I'm very sorry for the serbian, we'll stick to english from now on. kUdtiHaEX and I go a long way back, he used to host my web site and I didn't expect to see him here. He said I should go to Sweeden, not Greece, because it's much better place for an immigrant, but the fact is that right now Greece is the only option open to me, because of the tight immigration policies of the european countries. Anyway, I think that with the papers I get I'll be able to change my location, or so I have been told. If anybody knows more about these rules, I would appreciate if he would come forward.

+Quote Post
kUdtiHaEX
post 28 Aug 2005, 08:29 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Bilo kuda, eto mene svuda plus.smilie3.gif Poznajem Nicka, dolazio je i jos uvek dolazi kod mene na forum plus.smilie3.gif
Nego, mislim da bi tvoja prijateljica trebala da se raspita kod samih vlasti vise o tome, da ne bude posle qq meni. Koliko sam ja cuo, ali ne uzimaj to za 100% tacno, mora proci odredjeni vremenski period boravka u nekoj drzavi da bi ista opipljivije od svega toga mogao da imas. I naravno nemas frke sto se cuvanje tajni tice ;-)

Anyway, please try to write english for us to understand !

( by the way, do you know there is NO sevian lang for IPB ? we could do something about that )

No problem Nick, just a few words to morbius plus.smilie3.gif

And about that lang for IPB, oo you're so wrong plus.smilie3.gif I have it. Of course plus.smilie3.gif

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 28 Aug 2005, 10:59 PM
Post #8

Administrator
Group Icon

my friend Igor, you should post this in invisionize... In fact, i want this for my site too !

I want as many languages as possible !

We must discuss if you want to share your hard effort with me, and i am always willing to give greek language pack !

--------------------

+Quote Post
kUdtiHaEX
post 29 Aug 2005, 08:52 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

It's not 100% complete, but i will post it on Invisionize, of course plus.smilie3.gif

+Quote Post
IIIARSHAA
post 3 Sep 2005, 10:11 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 47

need aboout 1200 amunth minimum to live here. dats with rent and a car, elecy water gas and food. no weekends out and stuff

--------------------
user posted image

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 6 Sep 2005, 12:41 AM
Post #11

Administrator
Group Icon

1200 pounds ? 1200 € ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
morbius
post 6 Sep 2005, 11:37 PM
Post #12

Advanced Member
Group Icon

1200 euros a month? With that kind of cash you would be king of the world in Serbia. I advise you that if you work from home, like I do, definitelly keep your job and move to Serbia.

+Quote Post
nickpar
post 9 Nov 2005, 02:08 AM
Post #13

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 18

i have heard about elder people in Greece moving to Bulgaria for the same reason.... 500 € a month in Greece is nothing but there you can live in style

--------------------

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 28 Feb 2006, 02:13 AM
Post #14

Administrator
Group Icon

i posty on the same topic because i want morbius to see and help me out !

I got his e-mail yesterday regarding lowculture :

Prvo kratak pozdrav svim clanovima LC-a,
Ovo je replay na jednu od poruka koju sam pre par meseci dobio od Kutije, dobar deo clanova foruma bi trebalo ovo da dobije. Forum je vec duze vreme neaktivan bar koliko ja znam a Kutiju nisam uspeo da kontaktiram u medjuvremenu tako da ne znam sta se desava. Ako neko ima neki info nek' mi odgovori na ovaj email.
A ako neko u medjuvremenu dok je LC offline zagoreo od postovanja gotivnih linkova ili kopiranja istih, neka mi odgovori mozda dobije link od mog foruma, koji je u sustini (mali i) private, zamisljen za razgovor o glupostima sa starom ekipom i razmenu linkova. Dakle nije za svakog wink.gif
Admini, modovi i VIP-ovi imaju prednost, jer su mi njihovi nickovi najpoznatiji. Dalji info za zainteresovane koji mi se jave.
Kutija javi se, ili nek mi neko prosledi njegov kontakt.
Pozdrav svima,
RamOne

i went to the forums page and i see that ( this time from Igor) :

[title]Project Lowculture.org[/title]

Ovim putem želim da vas obavestim da sam prinuđen da zauvek stavim tačku na projectlc.org forum. Žao mi je Å¡to će cela priča morati ovako da se zavrÅ¡i, ali to je očigledno jedino reÅ¡enje ove situacije. Takođe želim da poručim onima koji su iskoristili vrlo drsku i poprilično nisku metodu, kako bi me naterali na ovakav potez, da mogu da se nose u tri pizde materine zajedno sa svojim forumima i nadam se da im je konačno drago Å¡to se povlačim iz cele priče. Sledeći put kada budete imali neÅ¡to da mi poručite, prvo pozovite mene da vam ja pojasnim neke stvari i da vam jebem sve po spisku zato Å¡to ste gomila govana i zato Å¡to ćete to i zauvek ostati.

Bez obzira na ono gore, ovom prilikom najiskrenije želim da se zahvalim svim ljudima koji su dolazili na forum u zadnjih 5 godina. Želim da se zahvalim svima onima koji su aktivno učestvovali u njegovom radu. Želim da se zahvalim svim ljudima koji su na sebe preuzeli deo tereta i pomagali mi kao moderatori i administratori. I naravno, želim da se zahvalim svima koji su dali pare Å¡to za hosting, Å¡to za licencu i da im poručim da mi je iskreno žao sto će sve ovo da se zavrÅ¡i bezveze.

Lineart, Lowculture i njegov naslednik, ProjectLC, NIKADA nije bio tu radi sticanja slave, izjednačavanja sa ne znam kime, hvaljenje, zarađivanje para ili slično. Njegova jedina svrha je bila da okupi ljude u zdravoj i veseloj atmosferi u želji da svakodnevno razmenjuju softver i opuÅ¡teno komuniciraju. Nadam se da sam za ovih 5 godina, koliko sam utroÅ¡io rada i vremena, u tome bar delimično uspeo.

Stoga, vreme je da privedem kraju ovo obaveÅ¡tenje i da zvanično saopÅ¡tim da je dug put od 10. juna 2001. godine zavrÅ¡en 27. februara 2006. godine. Nadam se da će vam ovaj community ostati u lepom sećanju.

kUdtiHaEX, administrator
P.S. Ako želite, možete me kontaktirati preko mail XXX

my friend morbius, will you translate for me ? i promise i will translate as many joeks as you want smile.gif

( i fear lowculture is gone and that is bad, very bad news )

--------------------

+Quote Post
morbius
post 28 Feb 2006, 03:09 AM
Post #15

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Yes, it is bad news indeed. After five years of existence Lowculture forum is dead once and for all. I grew used to it, over time it became a place where you could find everything that you need. I know LC had a lot of trouble because of its illegal content and forum was down few times because of it already.

First mail is from a guy known as RamOne. I know little about him, he used to work my former job before leaving the country. He calls for visitors of Lowculture to come to his forum now that LC is no more.

Second message is from Igor in which he announces the end of LC. In it he thanks the former moderators and wishes well to all the visitors. Apart from some profanity directed at the people who sabotaged LC and lead to it's demise, that would be pretty much it.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:47 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find