Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Μην ψάχνετε την ευεξία. Θα σας βρει αυτή.
Jack The Ripper
post 6 Dec 2006, 04:20 PM
Post #31

Global Moderator
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 1600
Zodiac Sign: I'm a scorpio!

τωρα το στολιζω περνα αν ειναι καμια βολτα να βοηθησεις στις μπαλες!! default.biggrin.gif

--------------------

Chaos, Panic, Disorder

I see my work here is done
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 21 Jan 2007, 08:44 PM
Post #32

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

ίσως το πιο κατεστραμένο Topic σε όλο το forum

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 4 Mar 2007, 12:23 PM
Post #33

Administrator
Group Icon

Herbalife

Founded in 1980, Herbalife International (NYSE: HLF) is a company that sells weight-loss and health products by multi-level marketing, also known as network marketing.

Company history

In February 1980, Mark Hughes began selling the original Herbalife weight loss product from the trunk of his car. By 1982, Herbalife had reached $2,000,000 in sales and opened a distributorship in Canada, its first outside of the United States. In 1986 Herbalife became a publicly traded company via NASDAQ. Independent distributors' personal vehicles could be seen on the street, decorated by decals bearing the mysterious slogan "Lose weight now, ask me how!" In 1996 Herbalife reached $1,000,000,000 in annual sales. In 2000, Hughes died at the age of 44 from an accidental overdose of alcohol and prescription sleeping pills. The company has continued to grow after his death.

In 1994 Mark Hughes started the Herbalife Family Foundation, a charity dedicated to helping children. The organization receives donations from Herbalife itself as well as individuals within and outside the company. The Herbalife Family Foundation has donated more than $6.5 million to children's causes worldwide.

In 2003, Michael O. Johnson joined Herbalife as CEO following a 17-year career with The Walt Disney Company, most recently as president of Walt Disney International. On December 16 2004 the company had an initial public offering on the NYSE of 14,500,000 common shares at $14/share. 2004 net sales were reported as $1.3 billion. In April 2005, the company celebrated its 25th anniversary with a four-day event attended by 35,000 Herbalife Independent Distributors from around the world. In August 2005, Dr. Steve Henig joined the company as Chief Scientific Officer, responsible for product research and development.

The company is headquartered in Los Angeles, California and employs 3500 worldwide. Products are distributed in 63 countries through a network that Herbalife claims contains 1.4 million independent distributors.

Product overview

Herbalife's product offering includes weight-management products such as Formula 1 Nutritional Shake Mix, a meal-replacement shake and one of the first products introduced by the company. Other nutritional products offered by Herbalife range from dietary supplements made from vitamins, minerals and herbs to personal care products emphasizing nutritional and herbal ingredients, such as aloe vera and vitamin C. A key ingredient in the Formula 1 Shake Mix, one of the first listed, is silica, a substance used to absorb water.[citation needed] This allows the shake to inflate in the stomach of the drinker, creating a "full" sensation.

As of 2005, it is not immediately clear what method Herbalife's weight loss products employ, although the nutritional ingredients are listed on the product. Recent advertisements indicate that the current philosophy is one of meal replacement via diet shakes, and nutritional supplements.

Proponents claim that the Herbalife strategy is aligned with health industry recommendations for safe weight control, eating a balanced diet, low in calories and taking regular exercise, and that their nutritional and weight management line of products facilitate this through macronutrient and micronutrient food formulas. Herbalife provides testimonials from health professionals as part of their marketing campaign.

Some of the original Herbalife weight loss products contained the active ingredient Ma Huang, a herb containing ephedrine. In 2000 a Bloomberg author suggested there was a link between the Original Green product and the cardiac arrest of a 28 year old woman. While the Food and Drug Administration did review this case, the FDA did not cite the product as the cause.[1] Herbalife stopped using ephedrine in its products in 2004. The U.S. FDA banned supplements containing ephedra in 2004.[2]

Business methods and controversy

Supporters and merchants involved with Herbalife contend that it is a genuine and profitable multi-level marketing business opportunity. Critics of Herbalife contend that it is a Pyramid scheme[3] and that the company does not make enough effort to curb abuses by individual distributors.

In its filings with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), company management specifically noted problems with inappropriate business practices many years ago, their subsequent long-lasting effects and the need to avoid any repetition. Herbalife's September 2006 quarterly report to the SEC describes a distributor network that is relatively easy to enter and exit, financially, by comparison with those of many other network marketing companies. The company tracks distributor retention by annually "requalifying" active distributors; most recently, 41.5% of distributors were still active after twelve months, up from 39.7% a year before. Company management considers the number and retention of distributors a key parameter and tracks it closely in financial reports. As of early 2006, the company had over 240,000 qualified distributors around the world, up 21% over the previous year; over 80% of these distributors were outside North America. [1]. The company reports the difference between the listed retail price and the actual amount distributors pay the company as "distributor allowances"; in the third calendar quarter of 2006, these allowances totalled $368 million. Assuming distributors always sold their product at listed prices, this amount spread over the qualified distributors would amount to an average "allowance" of about $500 per distributor per month. The company also paid out $109 million that quarter in "royalty overrides" -- basically commissions and bonuses -- to qualifying distributors.

In April 2006, the U.S. Federal Trade Commission proposed new rules to regulate all sellers of ?business opportunities? in the United States. Under the proposed rules, sellers such as Herbalife would be required to (i) implement a seven day waiting period before entering into an agreement with new distributors, (ii) provide prospective distributors with substantial written information regarding the business opportunity, including: the earnings experience of other distributors, contact data for new distributors in their area, cancellation or refund policies and requests within the prior two years, certain legal actions against the company, its affiliated companies and officials. In its quarterly report, the Herbalife notes "if implemented in its original form, would negatively impact our U.S. business." Many other publicly-traded network marketing stocks have since suffered, based on investor expectations the new rules would go through as proposed, substantially choking company profits [2]; Herbalife's stock, however, has fully recovered since the initial announcement.

Herbalife's Scientific Advisory Board is chaired by David Heber, M.D. Ph.D, F.A.C.P., F.A.C.N., who is professor of medicine and public health and the founding director of the Center for Human Nutrition in the Department of Medicine at UCLA. According to a 2004 Forbes article, Dr. Heber joined the board at roughly the same time Herbalife made a $3 million donation to establish the Mark Hughes Cellular & Molecular Nutrition Laboratory at his Center for Human Nutrition, leading to criticism of Heber's actions as an inappropriate conflict of interest.

Louis J. Ignarro, Ph.D., a Nobel Laureate in Medicine and Distinguished Professor of Pharmacology at the UCLA School of Medicine, is also a member of Herbalife's Scientific Advisory Board. Ignarro worked with Herbalife to develop Niteworks, a dietary supplement designed to boost the body?s own production of nitric oxide, and later became a member of the company?s Scientific Advisory Board. Ignarro endorsed this product in exchange for a royalty agreement reported to have earned his consulting firm over $1 million in the first 12 months. Ignarro also promoted Niteworks' ingredients in the prestigious Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, without disclosing his financial interest to the publication. After Ignarro's ties to Herbalife were revealed, the journal issued a correction to the article, citing Ignarro's undisclosed "conflict of interest". Ignarro also stars as the primary speaker in a one-hour Herbalife promotional video for Niteworks.

Current Litigation

In a routine financial report filed with the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission in mid-2006, Herbalife mangement identified two pending lawsuits significant enough to warrant notifiying their investors:

* In a California class action suit, Minton v. Herbalife International, et al, the plaintiff is "challenging the marketing practices of certain Herbalife International independent distributors and Herbalife International under various state laws prohibiting ?endless chain schemes,? insufficient disclosure in assisted marketing plans, unfair and deceptive business practices, and fraud and deceit."
* In a West Virginia class action suit, Mey v. Herbalife International, Inc., et al, the plaintiffs allege that some "telemarketing practices of certain Herbalife International distributors violate the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, or TCPA, and seeks to hold Herbalife International vicariously liable for the practices of these distributors. More specifically, the plaintiffs? complaint alleges that several of Herbalife International?s distributors used pre-recorded telephone messages and autodialers to contact prospective customers in violation of the TCPA?s prohibition of such practices."

Herbalife managements insists they have meritorious defences in both cases and that in the West Virginia case, any such distributor actions also went against Herbalife's own policies. Management also contends that any adverse legal outcomes Herbalife might suffer would not significantly affect their financial condition, particularly since they have already set aside an amount that they "believe represents the likely outcome of the resolution of these disputes".

Sports sponsorships

Herbalife and its nutritional products sponsor a number of sports events, venues and athletes. Herbalife is the sponsor of and Official Nutritional Advisor to the AVP Pro Beach Volleyball Tour for the seasons 2005 through 2007. Herbalife?s Liftoff? is the official drink of the tour and also sponsors AVP athletes Elaine Youngs and Rachel Wacholder.

Herbalife was the Presenting Sponsor of the 2005 & 2006 JPMorgan Chase Open WTA tennis tournament. In addition, the company is the Official Nutrition Company and Sponsor of the Los Angeles Galaxy and the Tour of California bicycle road race.[3]

Herbalife is the Official Nutrition Sponsor of the Michelob ULTRA London Triathlon, Nautica Malibu Triathlon, the Thai Airways International Laguna Phuket Triathlon, and triathletes Olly Freeman and Erika Aklufi. Herbalife?s current CEO, Michael O. Johnson, is a fitness enthusiast and a participant in triathlon competitions.[4]

Source : wikipedia

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eua1
post 4 Mar 2007, 02:36 PM
Post #34

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 3623
Zodiac Sign: I'm a gemini!

Admin, πας κι εσύ για την mercedes????????? default.biggrin.gif default.tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 4 Mar 2007, 02:39 PM
Post #35

Administrator
Group Icon

ούτε και με απασχολεί το θέμα. Επειδή όμως τις τελευταίες μέρες άκουσα διάφορα από διάφορους για το συγκεκριμένο θέμα, είπα να ψάξω μόνος μου και βρήκα τι λέει το Wikipedia.

Θα σβήσω και το κινητό και τα στοιχεία του τύπου γιατί εδώ δεν διαφημίζουμε προϊόντα και είμαστε OK.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eua1
post 4 Mar 2007, 02:50 PM
Post #36

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 3623
Zodiac Sign: I'm a gemini!

kolobok.good.gif kolobok.ok.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
XRUSA
post 4 Mar 2007, 07:23 PM
Post #37

YourForum Astrologer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1148
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ 21 Jan 2007, 08:44 PM)
ίσως το πιο κατεστραμένο Topic σε όλο το forum
[right][snapback]98466[/snapback][/right]

Ακριβώς...!!!!!!! ize.thumbsup.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 6 Oct 2008, 02:31 PM
Post #38

Administrator
Group Icon

διαχρονικά άκυρο !!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Big
post 7 Oct 2008, 11:23 PM
Post #39

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7947
Zodiac Sign: I'm a libra!

Ελάτε ρε παιδιά όχι και άκυρο. Όλα συνδέονται χαχαχαχαχα Καλή καρδιά να έχουμε. Απλά το φαινόμενο να είναι τοπικό.

Τώρα που φτάνουν λοιπόν τα Χριστούγεννα καμιά πρωτότυπη ιδέα για Χριστουγεννιάτικο στολισμό? default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.braters.gr

+Quote Post
XRUSA
post 13 Oct 2008, 07:50 AM
Post #40

YourForum Astrologer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1148
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

QUOTE(Big @ 8 Oct 2008, 12:23 AM) *
Τώρα που φτάνουν λοιπόν τα Χριστούγεννα καμιά πρωτότυπη ιδέα για Χριστουγεννιάτικο στολισμό? default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif default.biggrin.gif

απο οτι βλεπω μπαινεις στο κλιμα σιγα σιγα... smile.gif βεβαια ο καιρος αρνειται αλλα τεσπα... default.sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jack The Ripper
post 13 Oct 2008, 04:42 PM
Post #41

Global Moderator
Group Icon

O Καιρος το πρωι κατι παει να πει για χειμωνα και χριστουγεννα ομως το μεσημερι και το απογευμα το γυριζει παλι sad.gif

Αντε να δουμε τον βαρυ χειμωνα για τον οποιο λενε...

--------------------

Chaos, Panic, Disorder

+Quote Post
Big
post 13 Oct 2008, 05:42 PM
Post #42

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Ο βαρής χειμώνας αργεί. Φεβρουάριο με κάποια κρύα καλά τα Χριστούγεννα και κατι ψηλά πραγματάκια μέχρι τέλος Νοεμβρίου.

Παιδιά επαρχία μιλάμε για τρελές βροχές. Χτεσινή θερμοκρασία στα Καμένα Βούρλα στις 7 το πρωί 9 βαθμούς. Λαμία 5 λεπτά αργότερα 18 βαθμούς, Σε κάποιο χωριό της Ευρυτανίας 3 το μεσημέρι 12 βαθμούς. Απλά εδώ στην Αθήνα δεν βλέπουμε χειμώνα. Και όπως λένε πολλοί ερευνητές γίνεται λόγω των πυρκαϊών στην Πάρνηθα και τους γύρω ορεινούς όγκους

--------------------
www.braters.gr

+Quote Post
www.yourforum.gr
post 13 Oct 2008, 05:49 PM
Post #43

No comments
Group Icon

Member No.: 121

γίναμε Miami !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jack The Ripper
post 13 Oct 2008, 05:58 PM
Post #44

Global Moderator
Group Icon

Δεν πειραζει Αθηνα πεφτει μια νυφαδα και αδρανοποιουνται ολα και εχουμε και free days που ειναι ο απωτερος σκοπος default.tongue.gif

--------------------

Chaos, Panic, Disorder

+Quote Post
Big
post 13 Oct 2008, 09:35 PM
Post #45

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

απο 23/10 κάποια σοβαρή μεταβολή.

Εγώ πάντως το χιόνι το γουστάρω. default.biggrin.gif

--------------------
www.braters.gr

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:31 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find