Zodiac Sign: I'm a virgo!

Title :: How to hard cook eggs without cracking them
Author :: ladygorb
Category :: Cooking tips
Ingredients ::
  • eggs
  • water
Description ::
Cold water method or hot? Room temperature eggs or cold eggs? Cold water plunge or no cold water plunge?

-- this is how to hard cook an egg:

Use fresh eggs, preferably organic or grain fed, as they peel more easily once cooked. They also have better texture
and flavor.

Handle eggs gently.

Bring eggs to room temperature before cooking. This helps prevent cracking due to the sudden shock of temperature change and ensures a properly cooked egg. If you do use eggs right out of the refrigerator, add a minute or two to the cooking time.

Simmer eggs. A roiling boil is too violent. Call them "hard cooked" instead of "hard boiled" and you'll remember
this hint.

Don't crowd the pan. The eggs will knock each other and crack.

In a saucepan, bring enough water to cover the eggs to a boil. With a slotted spoon, lower the eggs into the water. Quickly, bring the water back to a boil. Lower the temperature to medium heat and simmer exactly 10 minutes. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon and plunge into a bowl of cold tap water. The cold water will stop further cooking and create a gap between shell and egg for easier peeling.

View Recipe

--------------------
user posted image Look at me now, I am the green fairy! A.K.A. the Recipe Queen, do you know why ? user posted image
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 08:46 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find