NickTheGreek
post 4 Jun 2005, 04:00 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

VMWARE is The Ultimate Resource if you plan to setup a fully functional computer hardware emulated into your computer... In simple terms : Imagine yourself running Windows 2000 or Linux in a window of your Windows XP running computer.

cool.gif You set up a virtual PC , boost it with RAM ( you will need lots of it to run VMWARE smoothly ) and you can experiment with it as long as you like WITHOUT messing your valuable working PC environment.

cool.gif You can run old MS-DOS with FAT16 or FAT32 in a windows XP environment with NTFS ... you can have Suse Linux running SIMULTANEOUSLY with Sun Solaris in two side by side windows ...

cool.gif You can install software in a virtual machine and test it BEFORE it even shows you the ugly side : no registry tweaks on your primary PC, no hard disc waste and slack.

default.unsure.gif You can set up a LAN ( yes ! ) between your PC and a virtual PC just to check software before elaborating it in a real environment..

kolobok.lol.gif You can do things i would need pages and pages to describe...

And see what they also say about the product :

What Is VMware Workstation?

VMware Workstation is powerful desktop virtualization software for software developers/testers and IT professionals who want to streamline software development, testing and deployment in their enterprise. VMware Workstation allows users to run multiple x86-based operating systems, including Windows, Linux, and NetWare, and their applications simultaneously on a single PC in fully networked, portable virtual machines — no hard drive partitioning or rebooting required.

"VMware Workstation is a powerful tool for application testing, debugging and demos. To develop public key infrastructure client applications, we need to configure multiple tiers, which need to work together. The new Teams feature in Workstation 5 allows us to create the entire configuration on local desktops, which gives our developers tremendous flexibility and control over the environment."

-- Murray McCulligh, Development Manager, Entrust

Product Specs here :
CODE
http://www.vmware.com/pdf/ws_specs.pdf

Trial version here :

VMWARE Workstation 5.0 Build 13124
CODE
http://www.vmware.com/download/workstation.html

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 22 Aug 2005, 08:01 AM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

new version available :

Latest Changes:
- Open 3rd-Party Virtual Machines without having to convert them (eg. VirtualPC, Virtual Server
- Convert 3rd-Party Virtual Machines to the VMware format
- Support for 64-bit guest operating systems – Workstation 5.5 greatly enhances the virtualization platform by supporting both 64-bit host and 64-bit guest operating systems. This feature provides you unmatched flexibility to run both 32-bit and 64-bit en
- Experimental support for 2-way Virtual SMP - Workstation 5.5 now brings to the desktop a feature that was previously only available on VMware ESX Server. You can now assign one or two CPUs to any virtual machine

Homepage - http://www.vmware.comhere

Size: 73.0 MB

get it here for windows or here for Linux

REG here

--------------------

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 9 Nov 2005, 10:05 AM
Post #3

Administrator
Group Icon

user posted image

VMware Workstation is powerful virtual machine software for developers and system administrators who want to revolutionize software development, testing and deployment in their enterprise. Shipping for more than five years and winner of over a dozen major product awards, VMware Workstation enables software developers to develop and test the most complex networked server-class applications running on Microsoft Windows, Linux or NetWare all on a single desktop. Essential features such as virtual networking, live snapshots, drag and drop and shared folders, and PXE support make VMware Workstation the most powerful and indispensable tool for enterprise IT developers and system administrators.
VMware Workstation works by enabling multiple operating systems and their applications to run concurrently on a single physical machine. These operating systems and applications are isolated in secure virtual machines that co-exist on a single piece of hardware. The VMware virtualization layer maps the physical hardware resources to the virtual machine's resources, so each virtual machine has its own CPU, memory, disks, I/O devices, etc. Virtual machines are the full equivalent of a standard x86 machine.
VMware Workstation enables enterprise software developers to develop and test the most complex networked server-class applications running on Windows, Linux or NetWare all on a single desktop.

Homepage - http://www.vmware.com

Size: 83.8 MB

You must reply to see this

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cool Surfer
post 18 Oct 2006, 02:19 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1399

Cool smile.gif

--------------------
Be Kind And Courteous To People On Your Way Up, For You Might Meet Them On Your Way Down...

+Quote Post
hlias_gr
post 24 Oct 2006, 08:36 AM
Post #5

ex - Member Staff
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 5
Zodiac Sign: I'm a virgo!

tnx

--------------------

You are working for a living,
not living for working !

+Quote Post
stratis
post 10 Jan 2007, 11:29 PM
Post #6

Arcade MVP : 4 DAYS gameplay !!!!!
Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 354
Zodiac Sign: I'm a cancer!

Cool

+Quote Post
MarkeBoye
post 24 Dec 2012, 11:13 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75595

Cool

--------------------
Catch a chance to take advantage of dvd buy online, never let you down!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:25 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find