Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> IPS Related Information

This section is focused on Invision Power Services products...

IPS, widely praised for the continuous efforts aimed to a stable, fast and efficient board system has brought to us Invision Power Board, but not only that..

Invision Power Gallery & Invision Community Blog allow the forum members :

1. Host & publish images
  2. Host and link Blogs
  3. Integrate all that to the Invision Power Board

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Importing A Database Into Wamp
NickTheGreek
post 19 Oct 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

This has only been tested on Wamp. It's the method I use as its quick and easy, you can use tools such as bigdump but I prefer this on a localhost install as you have easy access already. plus.smilie3.gif

Download your database from your live site. Extract the .gz so you have just a .sql file.

For this example (remember yours will be different) , you need the following...

The root users name and password (for mysql) , its normally just "root" and no password.

The name of the new blank database (if you have not already created one, visit your localhost phpmyadmin and create a new blank database now)

Use windows explorer or a command prompt. Navigate your way to the folder where wamp is installed. You need to go into the folder where mysql.exe is. In my case it is D:\_DEV_SERVER\bin\mysql\mysql5.1.30\bin . Most cases it will be c:\program files\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql version\bin etc...

Copy the .sql file into here. It must be in the same directory as mysql.exe

Open a command prompt in this directory if you have not already. If you have command prompt here powertoy, this can be quicker than having to navigate via a command prompt to here.

For this example, the database I am importing is called mybackup.sql and the new empty database I created is called test

Assuming you do NOT have a root password, type in the following...

CODE
mysql.exe -u root test < mybackup.sql

This may take a few minutes depending on the database size and your CPU power, your firewall may prompt you so you will have to allow temporary access (should only be mysql wanting localhost access)

When its finished, remove the mybackup.sql file you put in that directory.

Done default.biggrin.gif

As an extra note, if you have a root password for mysql, you will need to use this instead (changing pass for the password)

CODE
mysql.exe -u root -p pass test < mybackup.sql

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:15 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find