Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Talos, The First Automaton In History....
Eua1
post 23 Apr 2007, 12:56 PM
Post #1

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 3623
Zodiac Sign: I'm a gemini!

TALOS,THE FIRST AUTOMATON IN HISTORY

user posted image

The name of Talos is attributed to human beings as well as to an eminent mechanical structure, which according to the myth’ s elements, it must be the first robot in the global history. As a real human being is considered to be the son of Polycastis or Perdikas, sister of Daedalus, who was influenved by his uncle mechanic ingenius and make himself significant innovations such as the saw by a fish - bone, the ceramic wheel and the compasses.

As a mechanical artificial creature, owes its creation either to Daedalus or Hephaestu. More prevalent is the aspect that Talos is made by Hephaestus by order of Zeus, who gave it as a present to Minos for protecting and guarding Crete. Talos was made by copper and it had one and only vein that started from its neck and ended to his ankle, where a copper nail or screw block the vein' s exit. In Talos' vein flew the ichor ("ιχώρ"), which was "the immortals blood", a divine liquid which gave life to Talos. The tasks of Talos was to run across the coasts of Crete three times a day, to throws rocks against the hostile ships, to kiles the intruders and moreover hanging over the inland and spreading from vilage to vilage the laws that king Minos legislated. Talos destroyed the intruders by hugging them while at the same time glowed, unknown how, and he burned them.

All the prescriptions of the Talos' myth are specifications of an artificial and supernatural robot or saiborg with grate speed, huge strength (for catapelting weights), battery fluids and self heating. Characteristic was the death of Talos, while the Argonauts were passing by Crete, Poias, the Philoctitis' father, shooted with his bow the copper nail of Talos' ankle and took it away so that ichor ("ιχωρ") splited out.

If all the myth's clues are true, then the specific myth refers to a robot and, as a matter of fact, one of the most advanced of its age, that Hephaestus had ever constructed....
user posted image

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
XRUSA
post 23 Apr 2007, 01:18 PM
Post #2

YourForum Astrologer
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 1148
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

good job.. default.wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Eua1
post 23 Apr 2007, 01:28 PM
Post #3

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 3623
Zodiac Sign: I'm a gemini!

extra.thankyou.gif default.biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 01:51 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find