Post #1

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 18
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

i wonder why i never posted anything about my December 2007 speakers

Logitech Z-5450 Wireless Speakers

Theres no doubting that flat screen TVs have really taken off in a big way this year. The chances are that for most people who are buying a new TV, it will be LCD or Plasma rather than a bulky CRT. But when it comes to entertainment, having a big screen is only part of the equation ? some would argue only 50 per cent.

The other half is audio. The vast majority of people are quite content to simply use the built-in speakers in the TV. However, on some TVs, such as a couple of the budget ones we tested here, the quality of the audio output is less than stellar. Even for TVs where the sound quality is excellent, the best youll get is stereo. Certainly, some TVs offer pseudo surround modes but it's still no substitute for a decent surround system, that can really bring alive DVDs, or even watching sport.

There are two major reasons why many people simply arent interested in surround sound. Firstly, its perceived as expensive ? and with a least five speakers, a sub-woofer and an amplifier to buy, it can be. Then theres simply the hassle. Having rear speakers means having to route speaker cable across the room, which can often be awkward and inconvenient.

Along comes Logitech then with a set of surround speakers that aims to solve both these issues in one go. The Logitech Z-5450s are a set of 5.1 speakers that offer an impressive sounding 315 watts of RMS power, but with a distinct feature. The rear speakers are wireless.

Actually, thats not strictly true. While the front speakers are connected by physical cable to the amplifier built into the sub-woofer cabinet, the rear speakers receive their input signals wirelessly. However, they do still have a wire attached ? power. With no connection to the amp, the speakers have to receive their power from somewhere so each has to be plugged into a wall socket. However, this is still an easier way of getting those rear speakers into place than having to trail speaker cable across the room.

Full review

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
Big
post 6 Oct 2008, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 7947
Zodiac Sign: I'm a libra!

The only model with Wireless Speakers i found is this:

Sony DAV-DZ860W Wireless Home Theater (5.1 Channel)

Do you know where i can find Wireless Speakers because only in plaisio i found.

--------------------
www.braters.gr

+Quote Post
www.yourforum.gr
post 14 Dec 2008, 05:09 AM
Post #3

No comments
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

the Logitech set is back :

http://www.newtechlabs.gr/shop/index.php?m...products_id=716

--------------------

+Quote Post
www.yourforum.gr
post 12 Nov 2010, 04:05 PM
Post #4

No comments
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121

i wish Logitech would manufacture again such a great set of speakers, they are worth every penny...

i have been using them 3 years now, they are great for DD & DTS plus the wireless set of the rear is a rare feature

--------------------

+Quote Post
maryjohnson
post 15 Nov 2012, 02:42 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 75330

Check out the Speaker price in Pakistan with complete specification,,,
http://www.computerprice.com.pk/pc-accessories/speekers.html

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th December 2019 - 08:07 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find