Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fix ¡multiple Connections To A Server Or Shared Resource By The Same User¢ Error
NickTheGreek
post 8 Aug 2011, 08:52 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

Today I was trying to map a network drive on my computer. I right-clicked the folder and selected Map Network Drive. After selecting the drive letter I wanted, I clicked OK and got the following error message.

The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occurred:

Multiple connections to a server or shared resource by the same user, using more than one user name are not allowed. Disconnect all previous connections to the server or shared resource and try again.

Clicking OK yielded another error.

The network folder specified is currently mapped using a different user name and password. To connect using a different user name and password, first disconnect any existing mappings to this network share.

Hmm. I didn¢t think I had any mapped drives. I checked My Computer. Nope, no mapped drives there. I then went to Start > Run and typed net use. I had a mapping showing there, but it wasn¢t assigned a drive letter. I had to delete the resource using the command

CODE
net use /delete \\servername\foldername

I tried to map the drive, and it worked! Amazing how you still need DOS to figure things out easily sometimes.

Source : technipages

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 01:24 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find