Electra
post 3 Jul 2012, 12:09 PM
Post #1

Out of The Blue
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 531
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

Landmarks, even fabled ones, are my favorite way to reveal the date of a story. In "Babylon" while Aremachus sends off Hermides so he can have some privacy with the lovely Dorothea, he mentions the famous hanging gardens of Nebuchadnezzar.

Babylon's hanging gardens, one of the ancient world's seven wonders, were built by the king Nebuchadnezzar the 2nd, whose reign was from 605 to 562 BC. While the story does not state directly how old the gardens are, the wording of Aremachus implies that the king is still active. Therefore this is the only direct hint to the era of Theoktonia.

I had a very hard time not showing the Parthenon in this comic... but it would have been one legendary discrepancy to show it in the 6th century BC!!!

And as a farewell of part one, I brought in two more characters from "Kingdom of Light" to wave us bye bye

View the full article

--------------------
Artificial Intelligence is no match for natural stupidity
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:48 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find