RSS Bot
post 18 Oct 2013, 07:30 PM
Post #1

yourforum Robot
Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 125

OpenX Technologies, Inc. – Board member – Howard Hochhauser

In late August, OpenX announced that Ancestry.com¢s Howard Hochhauser was joining our Board of Directors. With more than twenty years of financial operations and management experience, Howard has been involved in nearly every imaginable major corporate transaction possible. We took some time to chat with him to find out his thoughts on the digital media industry and what makes the OpenX Board unique:

1. What excited you about OpenX before joining the Board?
I’ve looked at many board opportunities and relatively speaking, OpenX is a special company. With the combination of innovative technology, an experienced team and strong momentum, it¢s wonderful to be a part of this group.

2. How do you see Real-Time Bidding (RTB) and the digital advertising industry growing over the next five years and what role do you see OpenX taking?
RTB, which is a subset of the broader shift to programmatic advertising, has been a huge sea change for the industry. While, right now, RTB’s share of all volume is small-ish, it is growing quickly. With additional requirements within the multiscreen world, publishers are facing new complexities in the world of mobile, video, and tablet screens. OpenX is helping digital media companies tackle these inefficiencies by using RTB to scale faster and more efficiently.

3. What else would you say are particular areas of opportunity for OpenX?
Tim Cadogan talks about more comprehensive revenue performance management and how we must move beyond what we do today. This is a huge opportunity – the market is fragmented and clients and partners are wondering to whom they can turn and trust their business¢ success. OpenX is creating a strategic ad revenue platform for publishers to help them drive revenue while automating and optimizing the business of selling ads. Through OpenX Ad Exchange, the Company is also helping advertisers find their audiences at scale. OpenX is in a terrific position to co-innovate with its customers and create the next wave of innovation in the space.

4. What part of your experience do you hope to leverage in your role on the Board?
I believe that my experience in media, as both operator and marketer, will serve me well on the Board, especially my experience in managing and scaling emerging growth tech/internet businesses.

At Martha Stewart, I saw why more rigor, data, and automation are so important to the selling and monetization of content. Later, I joined Ancestry, which is a large marketer of online and offline/TV campaigns, and I¢ve been able to see the inefficiency and complexity associated with multi-channel marketing everyday.

With this experience I¢ve seen firsthand the great need to take digital marketing forward and really unlock both revenue and value for publishers.

5. What are your thoughts about the overall digital advertising industry?
I’ve been a major publisher and a major advertiser and I know firsthand the importance of better automation, enhancement and optimization in the digital advertising market, particularly for publishers. We’re in the early innings here and OpenX is very well-positioned in this enormous – and rapidly growing – global industry.

View the full article
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:35 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find