Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Transportation

Transportation section

Are you an airplane fan? Do you have any experiences to share from a particular airport, or from an airplane? What companies do you wish to comment about? This sub-forum will little by little gather airplane fans, and all of its subsidiaries.

As for rules, they are the same than the forum rules (please check them if you are not familiar with those). In short, we ask you to respect members, respect their opinions, thoughts, and comments. If you do not go by the rules, one of the staff members will impose a sanction.
Enjoy the section, and do not hesitate to contact the staff to share your suggestions!

Kindly yours,

“YourForum” staff.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Super Shuttle, Taking you to your home for a fair price
nbleven
post 4 Dec 2006, 05:13 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3537

This is an existing company.

user posted image

What is Super Shuttle?

Super Shuttle is a rival to the "normal" taxi business. Super Shuttle takes you from an airport, to your home/hotel. The difference with a taxi is that you ride with 5 persons in one van, instead of having a taxi to yourself. However, by riding on Super Shuttle; you don't pay much to get to your destination. It sure takes a little longer than a Taxi, but for those who do not want to pay a high price; this is the good solution.

Where is it located?

Super Shuttle is located in the USA, in more than 20 main airports. It serves cities, and suburbs. It's planning on expanding in France, Spain, and England. These cities do not offer an on-demand service, and are mainly operated by taxi companies.

Would you like having this concept in Athens? Do you think it's a good concept?

--------------------
Nbleven,

"YourForum" Moderator.
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 4 Dec 2006, 06:35 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

seems like a smart solution, it splits the cost and ease of transport smile.gif

could be profitable in Athens, but then, motorbike taxis were fashionable at a moment ( no traffic at all with it ) but i do not see so much praise in the concept lately

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
nbleven
post 4 Dec 2006, 06:54 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Are there a lot of motorbike taxis in Athens? I'm sure it reduced the amount of traffic.

--------------------
Nbleven,

"YourForum" Moderator.

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 9 Dec 2006, 10:49 AM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

here are not many unfortunately.

Traffic is overwhelming at all times and if there was something that could reduce it it is the subway : but it is expensive to build, takes time to finish and there are implications sometimes because of the archaic underground of Athens : few cities have so many layers of previous civilization artifacts below their complex

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
nbleven
post 9 Dec 2006, 12:49 PM
Post #5

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Do you know how many stations the city of Athens wants to create for the subway? I'm sure it would reduce the traffic in Athens, but here in DC, even with a subway, the beltway is jammed in the morning and evening !

--------------------
Nbleven,

"YourForum" Moderator.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:17 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find