Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

> Business

Business Section section

Starbucks is rising, HP is coming back on track, and much more latest news are being debated here. Join us, and give us your thoughts on certain companies. We’re not here to debate on today’s stocks, but on “popular” business subjects. As always, we want to know!

As for rules, they are the same than the forum rules (please check them if you are not familiar with those). In short, we ask you to respect members, respect their opinions, thoughts, and comments. If you do not go by the rules, one of the staff members will impose a sanction.
Enjoy the section, and do not hesitate to contact the staff to share your suggestions!

Kindly yours,

“YourForum” staff.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Wifi Access In A Suburb Of Dc, Alexandria is now fully wireless
nbleven
post 10 Dec 2006, 09:03 PM
Post #1

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3537

A DC southern suburb (Alexandria) is now entirely equipped with wireless internet. Whether you are in a train station, sitting on a bench near a Burger King, or even at home, you can now have access to wireless internet in Alexandria. By simply paying a little less than 22 dollars a month, your laptop will connect to the wireless internet in the city of Alexandria.

The mayor has decided to install this internet to create more business , to attract more residents, and to give everyone a chance to get internet for a low price. Technicians have installed 500 wireless booths in the city, and they are planning to expand the system on the entire southern suburbs of DC.

What do you think of this new installation? In your opinion, do you find it useful? Would you like having it in your town/city?

--------------------
Nbleven,

"YourForum" Moderator.
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 10 Dec 2006, 09:06 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

this is also happening in Athens !

we Greeks boast about the biggest Metropolitan Wireless Network in the world !

[wiki]AWMN[/wiki] : Athens Wireless Metropolitan Network

user posted image

Athens Wireless Metropolitan Network is a community radio network based in Athens, Greece. Its members are node owners, comprising the Athens metropolitan area network, which at the moment has roughly 800 active nodes, using 802.11b and 802.11a wireless technology for interconnection.

Its aims include:

* The development and use of community wireless network throughout the greater Athens area.
* The development of wireless technology and its implementation.
* Making the public aware of wireless networks and their use.
* Educating it's members and the public on the use and benefits of wireless networks.

[source]Wikipedia[/source]

I used to be a part of it back in Feb 2003 and i know that one of the YourForum Moderators, sidis is very active on it !

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
nbleven
post 10 Dec 2006, 09:08 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3537

Does the entire city have access to it? Would you mind giving the monthly price to have access to it?

--------------------
Nbleven,

"YourForum" Moderator.

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 10 Dec 2006, 09:10 PM
Post #4

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

there is a very small fee as a donation for the members, about 5€

i have no exact amount because back in 2003 when i was part of it i had to serve my duty in the Army so i eventually stopped interacting with it. Later on, ADSL changed the way people experienced broadband

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:50 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find