www.yourforum.gr
post 10 Sep 2011, 01:42 AM
Post #1

No comments
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 121
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

QUOTE(http://forums.majorgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=170926)
(Before I begin, yes I did read other people's threads based on problems similiar to mine but it did not help.)

I have an Intel Desktop Motherboard DQ35JO and have gone to the official Intel website to download and install the updated BIOS and drivers needed for my motherboard. My OS is XP Professional Service Pack 3.

Every driver installs fine except the High Def Audio Realtek driver. I've done so many things and I still cannot get the the problem fixed. Not to mention, my Device Manager keeps popping up telling me that it cannot find nor install the "PCI Driver" hardware.

Can anyone help? I've done so much and I still have no sound and no sound driver. Odd thing is, sound worked really fine before on another hard drive of mine that had XP Professional Service Pack 3 installed (which has gone to crap because certain startup files were missing (vgaoem.something)). But on this new hard drive that I recently bought AND installed XP Professional Service Pack 3 on, the sound driver is not installing or updating correctly.

XP SP3 needs a little convincing in order to install HD audio.

Do this on your XP partition:
Uninstall your Realtek audio driver.
This patch is required before any of the HD device drivers are installed
1. On your PC change the CSDVersion registry key to XP SP2:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=200
2. Restart your PC
3. Install KB888111xpsp2.exe Install Realtek High Definition Audio for 2K\XP3
4. Change the CSDVersion key back to XP SP3 again:
HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Windows\CSDVersion value=300
5. Restart your PC, finalize configuration of your PC, sysprep and capture.

Simple Directions
Goto Start>Run and type in regedit , then click OK.
Click the plus signs in front of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, SYSTEM, Current Control Set, Control, and finally, click Windows.
In the right panel you will see CSDVersion.
Right click it, choose Modify.
In the highlighted input window, you should see 300. Change it to 200.
Click OK, close regedit and restart your PC. Windows will now think it is SP2 and allow you to install the UAA (KB888111) and your HD audio driver.
KB888111xpsp2.exe
Realtek High Definition Audio for 2K\XP3
Make sure to reboot and then test your sound BEFORE, changing the value back to 300.

Then follow the same steps to change it back to SP3. Change the 200 back to 300. (Make sure to reboot)

Now, on your Vista partition, uninstall your audio driver and install:

Realtek High Definition Audio for Vista

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 03:08 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find