Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Kids, what would you like?
As a parent would you prefer boys or girls?
You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Total Votes: 19
Guests cannot vote 
viv
post 17 Jul 2006, 09:30 PM
Post #16

Lifetime commited
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 11
Zodiac Sign: I'm a scorpio!

QUOTE(morbius @ 17 Jul 2006, 04:18 PM)
QUOTE(Maya @ 17 Jul  2006, 12:01 AM)
Oh that Greek writings look nice! Anyway, i'm not so fond of the idea either, but if i'm havin kids i'd want them to be baby girls. Two of them, so they can keep company and play together when young, and be friends when they grow up.
[right][snapback]59971[/snapback][/right]

You're from Egypt, right? Don't you have to wait for someone to buy you and marry you before you can have children?
[right][snapback]60077[/snapback][/right]

Dear Morbius, don't you think that this is irrelevant to the topic?

...and by the way, what you wrote above it's not nice... default.mad.gif ize.think.gif

--------------------
Imagination sets the spirit free,
Into distant lands of fantasy,
Close your eyes and you will see,
within your mind there, lies the key.
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
morbius
post 18 Jul 2006, 01:43 AM
Post #17

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 230

Dear viv, I guess that was written in one of my cynical moments. I get those from time to time, like most of us do.
It's just that I find idea of of buying and selling women on a market... distasteful, to say the least. But I try to keep an open mind when it comes to customs of other countries. That doesn't mean I always succeed.

Back on topic. I don't want children just yet, maybe things will change one day. If I could choose, I would pick girls.

+Quote Post
Centric21
post 18 Jul 2006, 07:13 PM
Post #18

Forum junkie
Group Icon

Group: Private Members
Member No.: 170
Zodiac Sign: I'm a taurus!

A boy and girl, always wanted one of each...yep I am one of those type that have already picked out the names default.tongue.gif I shed my tomboy image so long ago smile.gif)

--------------------
"Sticks and stones may break my bones, but whips and chains excite me."

+Quote Post
XRUSA
post 18 Jul 2006, 07:38 PM
Post #19

YourForum Astrologer
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 1148
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

το ήξερα viv.... default.biggrin.gif
εμείς οι γυναίκες επικοινωνούμε στο ίδιο μήκος κύματος!!! default.biggrin.gif
είμαστε πρακτικές και τις περισσοτέρες φορές ρεαλιστικές! default.biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
morbius
post 18 Jul 2006, 10:24 PM
Post #20

Advanced Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(XRUSA @ 18 Jul 2006, 06:38 PM)
είμαστε πρακτικές και τις περισσοτέρες φορές ρεαλιστικές!  default.biggrin.gif
[right][snapback]60292[/snapback][/right]

Just you two, or do you mean the women in general? If later is the case, than I disagree.
If you mean just you two, then it can be true. smile.gif

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 18 Jul 2006, 10:27 PM
Post #21

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

sorry to intervene... ize.think.gif

is viv the practical type ?

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...

+Quote Post
Maya
post 19 Jul 2006, 01:32 AM
Post #22

Group Icon

Member No.: 369

QUOTE(morbius @ 17 Jul 2006, 03:18 PM)
QUOTE(Maya @ 17 Jul  2006, 12:01 AM)
Oh that Greek writings look nice! Anyway, i'm not so fond of the idea either, but if i'm havin kids i'd want them to be baby girls. Two of them, so they can keep company and play together when young, and be friends when they grow up.
[right][snapback]59971[/snapback][/right]

You're from Egypt, right? Don't you have to wait for someone to buy you and marry you before you can have children?
[right][snapback]60077[/snapback][/right]

Yes morbius, I'm from Egypt, and yes viv I agree it was not nice.
Anyway, i'll go off topic too, because i need to reply. Now I have no idea where you got that notion from, but it seems like u know only a little about Egypt and Egyptians. So that "sellin/buying" theory is not true. Unless what you're talkin about here is prostitution, which i'm sure you know is something else. So no such thing like "wait for someone to buy me and marry me" so i can have children happens where I live. I'll add no more comments here not to ruin the topic by being irrelevant.

--------------------
Maya G.

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 19 Jul 2006, 01:37 AM
Post #23

Administrator
Group Icon

Maya, i got a bit irritated too on this, but chose not to comment on it, leavingspace for you to reply. This doesn't mean that i do nto agree with you. On the other hand, people in the west (my country too, morbius' country also) believe that all Muslims follow this practice. It would be ok if you explaiend to morbius about it, regardless of the Topic/Poll

This forum is always above greek nationality or greek lifestyle... we will try to hear voices from all over the world , if possible

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maya
post 19 Jul 2006, 01:54 AM
Post #24

Group Icon

Thanks Nick for your comment. Now if anyone has anything he/she wants to ask about, I'm open for discussion as long as nobody's offending/offended. So if here's not the place for it, a pm would be as informative, or a new topic or whatever. Thanks again for you and viv.

--------------------
Maya G.

+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 19 Jul 2006, 02:00 AM
Post #25

Administrator
Group Icon

i would really like a new Topic by you in the Social or General Section... pick a catchy title u like, just make sure people understand this will be a discussion on differneces between mideast and western way

I would pick "East - West: Civilisation Conflict or Chance for a new Earth" ?

u r smiling now, i know u liked that

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maya
post 19 Jul 2006, 02:10 AM
Post #26

Group Icon

Well it is time someone started such a topic, specially with all the ongoing incidents and universal conflicts. I'm doing that soon, but I have to go sleep now, it's 3 am here now.

And yes i smiled. smile.gif

--------------------
Maya G.

+Quote Post
XRUSA
post 19 Jul 2006, 08:38 AM
Post #27

YourForum Astrologer
Group Icon

Group: Platinum Members
Member No.: 1148
Zodiac Sign: I'm a aries!

Αγαπητέ μου morbius... θα σε στεναχωρίσω λίγο... default.smile.gif
ειδικά δεν μπορώ να μιλήσω γιατί δεν την γνωρίζω σε προσωπικό επίπεδο την viv! default.smile.gif
αυτό που γνωρίζω όμως είναι οτι εμείς οι original γυναίκες και συμπεριλαμβάνω και την viv είμαστε πρακτικές και ρεαλιστικές τις περισσοτέρες φορές... και σε πολλά πράγματα που δυσκολεύονται οι άντρες εμείς τους δίνουμε την λύση! default.wink.gif
δεν είναι τυχαίο το γεγονός οτι πίσω απο έναν πετυχημένο άντρα κρύβεται πάντα μια σπουδαία γυναίκα!
αυτός που το είπε κάτι θα ήξερε! default.smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
morbius
post 19 Jul 2006, 04:26 PM
Post #28

Advanced Member
Group Icon

Just to set the record straight: I did not want to offend you, Maya. I have nothing against you, or Egyptians for that matter. I was just making a protest against custom of buying/selling wifes that is (or at least was) widespread in Egypt and some other poorer Muslim contries. If there is no more wife marketing in Egypt, I am very glad to hear it.
I couldn't bealive when I've talked with some guy from Libia that told me he bought wife in Egypt. He also said that people from his part of the country usualy buy wifes in Egypt, because they are cheaper there.
I've heard similar stories from our folks who have worked in some Arab contries. I have nothing agains Arabs, but I don't like this custom and don't know why women were putting up with it. I guess it's a matter of upbringing. Women in Saudi Arabia think that law which says they can't drive a car is OK. I personaly see no reason why women should not be allowed to drive.

I try to treat people the same regardless of thair nationality, color or religion. But I do realise that a lot of folks have a problem with those. My own country fell appart in a bloody war because of national and religious intolerance, fed to people over mass-media. Or example closer to your home: Israel and Palestinians. Pure madness.

Nick, feel free to move the post into other thread if you want.

+Quote Post
morbius
post 19 Jul 2006, 04:28 PM
Post #29

Advanced Member
Group Icon

QUOTE(XRUSA @ 19 Jul 2006, 07:38 AM)
Αγαπητέ μου morbius... θα σε στεναχωρίσω λίγο...  default.smile.gif 
ειδικά δεν μπορώ να μιλήσω γιατί δεν την γνωρίζω σε προσωπικό επίπεδο την viv!  default.smile.gif
αυτό που γνωρίζω όμως είναι οτι εμείς οι original γυναίκες και συμπεριλαμβάνω και την viv είμαστε πρακτικές και ρεαλιστικές τις περισσοτέρες φορές... και σε πολλά πράγματα που δυσκολεύονται οι άντρες εμείς τους δίνουμε την λύση! default.wink.gif
δεν είναι τυχαίο το γεγονός οτι πίσω απο έναν πετυχημένο άντρα κρύβεται πάντα μια σπουδαία γυναίκα!
αυτός που το είπε κάτι θα ήξερε! default.smile.gif
[right][snapback]60509[/snapback][/right]

Sorry, but my Greek is not good enough to understand everything you have said. And my writing is even worse, that's why I post in English.
Anyway, I don't find women practical. Why do every women I know needs a 100 pair of shoes? Like they are centipede, or something. smile.gif

+Quote Post
ladygorb
post 19 Jul 2006, 07:22 PM
Post #30

Pink Panther
Group Icon

Group: Elite Members
Member No.: 165
Zodiac Sign: I'm a virgo!

OOOoooo I can answer that! Women have a 100 pair of shoes for the same reason men have 100 tools ... they all have their use!

--------------------
user posted image Look at me now, I am the green fairy! A.K.A. the Recipe Queen, do you know why ? user posted image

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 04:11 AM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find