NickTheGreek
post 21 Dec 2005, 02:03 PM
Post #1

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

There is a known issue regarding the NUMA processor codes on MultiCore / Multiprocessor Systems running VMWARE :

This cayses time misreporting an slower performance on on IBM x440, x445, or x460 systems, or on Fujitsu, Siemens, or NEC derivatives of these systems. It can also occur on some 64-bit AMD multiprocessor systems.

64-Bit AMD Systems
Timestamp counters (TSCs) on 64-bit AMD systems should ideally remain synchronized, because these systems run all CPUs from a common clock oscillator. However, some 64-bit AMD systems have power management features that can cause the TSCs on some processor cores to lose time relative to others.

You may be able to disable these features in your system's BIOS. In the BIOS setup screens, look for settings labeled PowerNow or Cool'N'Quiet, and disable them.

If you require these features or your BIOS does not provide a way to disable them, you need to assign each of your virtual machines to a subset of processor cores whose TSCs do remain synchronized. In some cases you may need to do this even after turning off power management in your system's BIOS; this occurs if your system only partially disables the power management features involved. See the next section.

NOTE :
Note: If you are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 as the host operating system on a multiprocessor 64-bit AMD host that supports processor power management features, you also need to apply the hotfix described in Microsoft knowledge base article 896256 at www.support.microsoft.com/?id=896256.

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...
Go to the top of the page

Bookmark this: Post to Del.icio.usPost to DiggPost to FacebookPost to GooglePost to SlashdotPost to StumbleUponPost to TechnoratiPost to YahooMyWeb
+Quote Post
NickTheGreek
post 21 Dec 2005, 02:04 PM
Post #2

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1
Zodiac Sign: I'm a leo!

Computers that are running Windows XP Service Pack 2 and that are equipped with multiple processors that support processor power management features may experience decreased performance

[IFRAME]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/896256/en-us[/IFRAME]

--------------------

c:\ When the going gets tough, the tough get going ...
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:33 PM
Skin and Graphics by Dan Ellis and Anubis. Hosting by Forums & More © 2005-2011.
InvisionGames - Your #1 Arcade Games Repository | AllSigs - Signatures for all | Rock Band + Guitar Hero = RockHero ! | The Remoters - Remote Assistance | FileMiners - You ask, We find