Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: We Got A New Server !
YourForum > Various posts > News
www.yourforum.gr
Server Migration Complete

My apologies for not updating the website so often during the past month, but it has been quite busy for me in real life:

I got married on May 31st, a lot of preparations and obligations then a trip to Mauritius with my wife for 10 days. A trip that had complications in the end, our return flight was cancelled so i got really late back to Athens after spending an additional night in Dubai. Moreover, we have to migrate many sites of our web ring ( www.yourforum.gr, www.allsigs.org, www.forumsandmore.com to name some ) on a brand new server and due to propagation latency our ad server is not working for many of you yet.

I am still not back home because after returning to Athens airport i had to drive to the countryside for additional bureaucratic obligations ( wedding papers ) and so on.

Starting this Monday we will continue providing new files in our download categories and new categories during summer.

Again, sorry for any inconvenience.

NickTheGreek

Update: Everything is now back to normal, but running on 8 cores - 4GB RAM and at 20-40% speed increase
manos
The server is faster but it might be just me but I think that all the fonts are smaller and the images like fast reply etc are kind of blurry... Correct me if I'm wrong... If I am, I need an oculist...
www.yourforum.gr
you need to adjust your monitor mate, nothing on the server can change your screen options
manos
I'm just saying this because all the other websites I'm online 24 hours per day have nothing changed on their appearance...
www.yourforum.gr
if you use firefox, it is possible to adjust the font size only per site.

Apart from that, i have used 3 different accounts for the site, IE & FF, XP & Vista.

I see nothing changed here... ?
manos
I zoomed in once with firefox and everything seems fine. It might be my transition to Firefox 3...
manos
(PS): Nick we've got a job to do. Whenever you feel you have some time notify me...
www.yourforum.gr
if you feel like it, call me tomorrow morning, ok ?
manos
I've got a GREAT idea for a new website and I'm looking forward to beggin it!
www.yourforum.gr
sure, we will talk about it
Big
Εμένα πάντως πάει πιο γρήγορα από ότι πριν με firefox πάντα
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.