http://www.lockergnome.com/it/2010/09/16/yahoo-has-a-three-year-plan/

There should be an image here!I can honestly say that I’d love to see Yahoo rise from the ashes. I mean come on, back in the 1990s it was my favorite search engine and one of my favorite online destinations. Times changed and Yahoo’s overall model had a tough time keeping up. Worse, it sold itself to outside interests and that is also looking like it may make things worse. Finally though, after making more mistakes than I could have ever envisioned, there is a glimmer of hope. Yahoo has a plan.

The first and most interesting change Yahoo is cooking up is its retooling of Yahoo Mail. It hopes that by integrating stuff like Twitter and Facebook into the mix, things will continue pushing forward. I personally think it’s an interesting idea to set itself apart. And so long as this feature can be easily disabled should the user opt it to be so, more power to Yahoo on this one.

The second change Yahoo is pushing forth is a revamping of its search page. No, nothing ground breaking like a new kind of search algorithm. Instead we will basically see Bing-like cosmetic stuff coming to the site that will either wow folks or it won’t. Personally, I couldn’t care less about cosmetic changes. If Yahoo wants to make ripples, it should revamp its search functionality. Is that really so much to ask for?

[Photo above by Yodel Anecdotal / CC BY-ND 2.0]

View the full article