Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where Did You Have Kamaki More Recently?
YourForum > Various posts > Polls
hlias_gr
Try to find out your most resent kamaki place! default.wink.gif
NickTheGreek
It is not a matter of place
jodigirl1234
I totally agree Nick....
hlias_gr
QUOTE(NickTheGreek @ 14 Jul 2005, 02:24 PM)
It is not a matter of place

QUOTE(jodigirl1234 @ 14 Jul 2005, 03:37 PM)
I totally agree Nick....

I agree with both of you!
But you r missing the point of the poll!
The poll is to find out about 'Recently Kamaki Places'!
jodigirl1234
Well i was in my car and I was catching eye from this cutie he looked kind of young but I didnt care he wasnt that young.So anyway I pull up to him with my sister in the car and I say you are really sexy and I want you ...He looked at me in shock and said do you have a pen I will give you my number lol..I then asked him how old he was and he said 17 so I said one more year sweety and its on lol...He smiled and said ok I will hold you to it..That just happened the other day..
Sabbattack
Girl!!! Restrain yourself!!
NickTheGreek
i think girls here should be spontaneous like that once in a while .. i know a lot of singles that would be happy about it
jodigirl1234
Thats one of the reasons that a lot of guys get so in to me when we get together cause im not shy and I will say whatever and I am very strong willed.Guys are very attracted to women that can hold there own ... default.biggrin.gif
hlias_gr
You r nice and not shy!
Thats really cool hun!
kleopatra
In a bar in chalkidiki.
hlias_gr
How was it?! default.tongue.gif
lolitas
I will vote for train. default.unsure.gif default.wink.gif
lolitas
Dont you know how?
We are talking about kleo!
jodigirl1234
i THINK ME AND KLEO SHOULD COMPARE NOTES LOL... default.tongue.gif
hlias_gr
Yes u should! And maybe u could drive kav absolutely mad! default.tongue.gif
Centric21
Got a good one for you people

What is the world is KAMAKI? *never heard of it before*, simplify or englify it for me default.tongue.gif heh
viv
QUOTE(Centric21 @ 26 Aug 2005, 12:43 AM)
Got a good one for you people

What is the world is KAMAKI? *never heard of it before*, simplify or englify it for me default.tongue.gif heh

Kamaki, the Greek way of flirting

Document Actions It’s summertime and you indolently lie on your reclining chair near the hotel pool enjoying your cocktail, when suddenly a dark handsome man approaches you in a seductive way.

-Hi gorgeous! Are you Swedish?
-………
-German maybe?
-………
As you keep ignoring his presence, in a second attempt to draw your attention, he hurriedly takes off his sunglasses, winks and with a full of meaning look once again turns to you:

-I want to show you around Greece. We can have fun you know.
-…No thank you. I can have fun on my own!
-Why not? Come on baby don’t put a damper on it! I will make a fuss of you, “Opa-Opa”, I will be your doormat!, replies the rejected English speaking expert.

The above incident is characteristic, among many others, of flirting in Greece. In general, flirting is an art form mainly in the Mediterranean. It is not a sexual or erotic act, it is more of a sensual act. Greeks, Italians, and the Spanish have it by nature, Germans can understand it (but they can’t do it), the French can imitate it but the British simply can’t get it!
As you know, throughout the world there is a stereotype of Mediterranean men -especially Greeks- and their obsession with courting women. In Greece, these men have a special name, kamaki (literally harpoon) because they tend to spend their time in tourist places preying on young female tourists. The Greek kamaki can be seen as an extension of Greek society where access to women had to come from marriage, as historically women in Greece had very restricted roles, rarely coming out of the house. Although kamaki is less active today than a decade ago, the fact is that there are still men who want to flirt with as many foreign women as possible.

But enough with the history! I am sure you are wondering how kamaki works and what to look out for. First of all, when Greeks flirt it doesn’t mean that they are seeking a sexual partner or one night stand. In a way, it is an action to keep practicing the skill of ‘approaching the opposite sex’, and also staying up to date.

Greek men who want to flirt and draw women’s attention can be easily (I hope!) recognized by their persistent look, unique humor and the excessive erotic vibes they send out. Once they have found their ‘target’, certain strategical moves are put into action in order to win the girl’s heart.
The first move is to get her attention. The ‘luring’ can range from asking directions to sharing a cup of coffee, or even offering to help her with the luggage. They exchange names, a few smiles, probably a phone number. After he has drawn her attention, the Greek kamaki proceeds to the next level which is to meet her somewhere else and really introduce himself so as to get to know each other. Then, he has to show her among other things who and what kind of person he is because the girl can’t ask openly details about him and get the needed information. If she does that, she would be considered ‘easy’. So, how you act, how you speak, how you dress and how you transmit ‘signals’ to the opposite sex is very important in the Greek way of flirting.

As you see Greek flirting is an adult game with plenty of rules and risks. As a game, Greek men tend to keep practicing so as to keep being champions! After all, flirting makes them look more attractive. Whenever they entice a beautiful female they become flattered and more self-confident about their masculinity.

So if you want a more interesting subject on your summer foreign girl, the Greek kamaki would be hard to beat! If you are among those travel girls who look for the ‘Four S’s’, sun, sea, sand and sex, Greece is the place I tell you! And remember whenever you encounter a Greek kamaki either enjoy the fun or be prepared to politely avoid him as his intense presence would be hard to miss.
Centric21
Right on Viv plus.smilie3.gif Thank you girl, now I know what to expect =)
hlias_gr
QUOTE(Centric21 @ 26 Aug 2005, 01:44 AM)
Right on Viv plus.smilie3.gif Thank you girl, now I know what to expect =)

Well, i wanna see u receiving kamaki from a "Greek Stalion"! default.tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.